Author Topic: After everything that went before this fourth-round replay it was hard to imagine Luis Boa Morte not  (Read 24 times)

CorinneDel

• I'm Armando (23) from Haney, Canada. I'm learning Norwegian literature at a local college and I'm just about to graduate. I have a part time job in a college.
    • View Profile
After everything that went before this fourth-round replay it was hard to imagine Luis Boa Morte not making his mark one way or another, and the Portuguese winger did not disappoint. Chris Coleman was upset with the former Arsenal player for going public before this game with claims that he had been racially abused by Duncan Ferguson in the first match but the Fulham manager will have had nothing but praise for him after his contribution last night. Boa Morte set up both his team's goals to decide an entertaining game in their favour and earn a home tie against West Ham, who met Fulham in the 1975 FA Cup final. Having laid on the opening goal for Junichi Inamoto, Boa Morte provided Steed Malbranque with the winner after Francis Jeffers had forced extra-time. It was a shame only 11,551 people - a good chunk of them Everton fans - were here to see an open match. There were plenty of chances at both ends and the game did not touch the spiteful heights feared apart from two ________ _________ early tackles, first by Lee Carsley on Boa Morte and then the other way round, which might have brought red cards. The sight of Boa Morte playing such a key role must have added to the pain felt by Everton's fans. He is a figure they have come to dislike for his involvement in various incidents over recent years and they booed him throughout. His allegations of racial abuse have been denied by Ferguson, who was absent because of injury, but Fulham confirmed they are preparing to make an official complaint to the Football Association, possibly today. "One or two other players apparently heard what was said," Coleman claimed. The manager said the FA was understandably upset that details of the accusation had filled the papers first but he was pleased with how Boa Morte remained calm last night. "He needs to do that in the future too," he said. "I'm Luis's biggest fan but there's the other side when he gets involved when he shouldn't. He's an emotional guy. He needs to show more of the composure he did tonight." Composure was a quality too often lacking in Everton's finishing and they will feel they had the chances to have won. After Jeffers, who had forced this replay with his equaliser at Goodison Park, rescued them with a header, the substitute had two further opportunities, the first in stoppage-time, the second in extra-time. Everton spurned four other openings and such wastefulness is becoming a common problem. Their manager David Moyes was visibly upset. Fulham, though, had an equal share of opportunities. They dominated early on and ought to have put the game out of reach after Inamoto struck a powerful shot to beat Nigel Martyn. Barry Hayles, Malbranque and Inamoto were wayward when ruthlessness was called for. "I thought they were going to win it in extra-time," Coleman said, aware that the momentum was with Everton. "I thought we showed tremendous spirit and courage in extra-time. We might have felt sorry for ourselves but we didn't. We got on with it." So did the referee Paul Durkin after those wild early challenges billige fotballdrakter which, thankfully, did not set the tone. Carsley seemed to make little attempt to play the ball when he caught Boa Morte below the knee with his studs. Then Boa Morte lunged into the midfielder and caught his arm. Neither saw even a yellow card. Fulham's passing and creativity had been superior in the early stages and little was seen of Everton as an attacking force until the 44th minute. Fulham were dominating midfield, with Alex Nyarko often struggling, and Wayne Rooney and Tomasz Radzinski had made scant impact before wasting opportunities in quick succession, Radzinski hitting the post. As the play ebbed and flowed, Fulham struck. Boa Morte did well to manoeuvre the ball away from three opponents and poke a pass to Inamoto, who beat Martyn from about 25 yards. Everton's bout of late pressure told when Carsley nodded on and Jeffers beat Alain Goma to send a header past Edwin van der Sar. But Fulham had the final word, Boa Morte wriggling clear of David Unsworth and crossing for Malbranque to steer in.
Here is my page; fußballtrikots